WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Classes need missions just as missions need our classes to respond, not just by giving and praying for, but by going together. We know that we get to know each other better outside the classroom. We also know that we need to be visible in our world. We are all familiar with the great commission but often fail to apply that to a class or group.
There are many reasons why a class should be involved in local and international mission projects. Some are obvious others perhaps not as obvious.
8 REASONS TO ENGAGE IN MISSIONS
* People need help
* Class members have a deep desire to help
* People need a Savior
* Class members understand this need and know how to meet it
* Our communities need a Christian influence
* Class members can be this positive influence and help by ministering locally
* Class members grow together as we serve together
* Class members are fulfilled when they serve and use their spiritual gifts
We have been involve in missions projects with our classes and know the benefits that await those that get involved. Many times we can get prospects involved in projects because of their skill set. We get to know them in a neutral setting and possibly win the right to share the gospel. God blesses obedience and faithfulness. What project do you think your class would get involved with? The opportunities are limitless and there are members of your class that would love to take the lead and take care of the details. We just have to challenge them and give them the opportunity.
John Thomas is the Assistant Director of Missions for the Calhoun Baptist Association, Anniston, AL.
Cindy Thomas is Director of Women’s Ministry, Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Alexandria, AL.