Most members of your group have never shared the gospel with anyone. Most of them, wouldn’t even know a gospel presentation to use if the opportunity were to arise. And yet in Acts 1:8, Jesus said, “You shall be my witnesses”.
Why not equip them with a simple gospel plan. There are lots of choices. There are even apps for your phone that are gospel tracts. There is the Roman Road, the one verse with a bridge illustration, and so many more. Pick one. Here are some ideas you can use to help your class or group learn a gospel presentation.
- Weekly help your members to memorize gospel verses like Romans 3:23, 6:23 and 10:9-10.
- Plan a Sunday to have your members write out their personal testimony. Have them describe their life before they met Christ, How they discovered their need for Christ, and what their life has been like since they met Christ.
- Show them how to use a tract or an app to share the gospel.
- Let them practice on one another.
- Get use to letting people share their testimony in class.
- Show them how to use a marked New Testament.
- Encourage them weekly to pray for lost friends, relatives and neighbors. Challenge them to pray for an opportunity to share the gospel
It takes personal initiative on your part to make this happen. If it’s important; talk about it. Sharing our faith is important. Helping people to know how is part of your responsibility.
Sean Keith is the Sunday School specialist for the Louisiana Baptist Convention