The talk today is about relationships, transformational church and transformational classes. It is good talk but it needs to move to empowered talk, ignited by the Spirit of God working and moving in the lives of individual church members. Our goal should be to become genuine and consistent disciples who are excited and passionate about becoming disciple-makers. This means that things have to change in most of our churches and classes. We need to introduce more people to the opportunities of Bible Study and we need to anticipate more involvement from everyone. The question then is, how does this happen?
- Ideal Time: Find the best time when most of the people you are trying to reach and disciple through the study of God’s Word can gather together. It may not be Sunday morning.
- Important: You must feel that what you are doing is important. It is! You are dealing with eternal matters. Show this importance to others by your personal passion to open and study the Word.
- Inclusive: Cliques and other barriers need to be broken down and eliminated. Anyone and everyone should be made to feel welcome to attend this life-changing experience of studying of God’s Word.
- Interesting: It is imperative that the study be interesting. This means that quality preparation time is required. You must vary teaching by using various learning approaches. Teach with passion.
- Informative: As we teach we need to be informative. Remember, you are teaching/facilitating people in the study of God’s Word. Most people today do not know the truths of the Word. Inform them.
- Illuminative: Always remember you are giving light to many who are walking in darkness. Let the truth of the study shine forth in such a manner that people will be drawn to the Light.
People are waiting to be introduced to a Bible study group. People are waiting to be involved in a life-changing experience from the studying of the Word of God. Be encouraged to do more than just talk about relationships and transformation. Become the disciple the Lord desires you to be and the disciple-maker he commands us to be.
Dale Davenport is the Director of Education for the Illinois Baptist State Association