Our enemy is Satan and lost people are under his control (2 Corinthians 4:3-4). Through prayer, we will weaken Satan’s influence on their hearts and open doors for our group members to share the good news (Colossians 4:2-4, 2 Timothy 2:25b-26). Here is a list of ways your group can engage praying for the lost as a group.
- Assign the role of “Prayer Coordinator” to a group member currently not serving in a leadership role. Provide training, like The Battle Plan for Prayer*.
- Post the names of lost friends, family, and associates of group members in the room where you meet and refer to this list regularly. Have time within the group gathering to pray over this list.
- Utilize a closed group on Social Media to encourage group members to share prayer requests and celebrations of group interactions with lost family, friends, and social associates.
- Pray for your group to be READY and SEEKING opportunities to share (1 Peter 3:15-16)
- Pray for your group to have BOLDNESS when the opportunity comes (Ephesians 6:19)
- Pray that the Holy Spirit SOFTENS hearts of the lost and prepare them to hear the truth
- Pray for opportunities to CELEBRATE spiritual victories through their obedience
- Pray for lost family, neighbors, and social associates of your group members
- Pray for unreached people groups, as well as, missionaries serving in lands your group members will likely never visit
- Pray for government leaders to experience salvation so that they can effectively guide others
- Pray for those in the spotlight that they may lead the masses by their influence
* The Battle Plan for Prayer by Stephen and Alex Kendrick © 2015, B&H Publishing http://www.lifeway.com/Product/the-battle-plan-for-prayer-p005765904
Jason McNair is the Strengthening Churches Missionary for the Utah-Idaho Southern Baptist Convention. He also teaches an adult Sunday School group at First Baptist Church in West Valley City. You can reach him @jason_mcnair and at http://fb.com/jason.mcnair