WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
A commitment to lifelong learning helps good leaders maintain effectiveness over a long period of time. A training conference will broaden your perspective beyond your own church and community. Attending a conference will connect you personally with others who share your call to leading Sunday School in your age group. Training conferences provide you with a forum to ask questions, receive advice, discover resources, share ideas, and enhance skills…all in a conversational, relational environment that can’t be duplicated through any other medium.
WHAT DO I DO?
- Find a conference…regional, state, and national conferences are available for training. If none is available nearby, consider working to host a conference at your church. Good training conferences need not be complicated nor expensive.
- Don’t go alone…the more people on your team who will share the experience, the better!
- Be fully engaged…attend all sessions, take notes, ask questions,
- Schedule some time as soon as possible to sit down with other leaders and make application to your class or church
- Identify and implement one change as a result of your training…small changes have a big impact!
David Bond is a specialist on the Church Health Team of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention.